Sir Earnest Shackleton ordered 25 cases of Mackinlay’s Rare Old Highland Malt Whisky to take on his South Pole expedition of 1907. In February 2007, 11 intact bottles containing this perfectly preserved whisky were recovered from under the ice beneath Shackleton’s 1907 base camp. They were in remarkable condition after 100 years in the ice!
Richard Paterson (W&M Master Blender) managed to get 3 bottles released back to Scotland to analyse the whisky inside… And then he recreated it! This was released in 2012 as a limited edition and sold out within months.
Sir Earnest Shackleton was, and still is, an inspiration. His qualities resonate as powerfully today as they ever did. We are using the original recreation of that exceptional Mackinlay’s Blended Malt as the foundation for this new contemporary Blended Malt, with whiskies sourced from a selection of excellent Highland Single Malt distilleries.
- Discount available for those pre-ordering World Duty Free products via the East Midlands Airport website and collecting their order at the World Duty Free stores.
- Customers will receive a discount barcode in their order confirmation email.
- Discount can be redeemed on items reserved online and on any additional purchases on the day of collection at World Duty Free stores only.
- Non-promotional items only.
- Excludes Tobacco.
- Discount can be redeemed in-store until 31st December 2019